GSM Modem Free SMS Android App
This GSM Modem Free SMS Android App is designed for students and newbie programmers who want free SMS functionality in their projects. There are many SMS gateways available to use in your projects but the problem is that those SMS gateways are not free to use.
Due to the expensive SMS gateway service, I decided to develop my own GSM Modem Free SMS Android App for sending or receiving SMS functionality in my project. I am writing here a simple guide for GSM Modem Free SMS Android App.
This android application has two interesting functionalities.
- Sending SMS (from your project using android app)
- Receiving SMS (in your project using android app)
Before getting started you would need following required entities.
- Android Mobile Phone (Version 4.1 and up)
- GSM Helper Tool must be installed in your device, You may find here Link
- Local Area network over WIFI (for both Computer and Mobile Phone)
- Free SMS package in your android mobile phone
Download Android App
I would like to recommend to download through following image link to the android application on play store.
If you are not easy with above link you may download GSM modem (SMS) application through following QR code
Download Paid Application
If you want to use this application for commercial use or want an advertisement free application then you can download it from the following LINK
Paid Application Features
- Single app with all functionalities. (No required Helper Tool)
- No Ads (No advertisements)
- Http POST method instead of Http GET method
- Layout modification
- Server Side: Access-Control-Allow-Origin
App execution guide
We will go through each android app activity with their functionality and property usage
When you run an application first time server is stopped; Start server by pressing red rectangle button.
- Status: Stopped (It shows that Server sending functionality is switch off)
- Server Address: http://192.168.1.102:8093 (This is the service URL, which is used for sending SMS)
- Red Circle Button: By pressing this button it will be green (which mean service started for sending SMS)
- Settings Button: Jump to setting activity (Where you can set custom port number or URL for receiving SMS)
- Users Button: Jump to user management activity (Where you can add new users or update existing users)
- JSON Samples: Jump to json samples activity (Where you can find some of the JSON samples)
When click settings button on main activity, you would have following settings activity in front you. let’s describe each of field in this activity.
- Port Number: 8093 (It is a 4 digit numerical value which is used for sending SMS only).
- GET SMS at URL (i): http://customUrl (This url is used for sending SMS to your programming language. It is a GET method url with two parameters)
- GET SMS at URL (ii): Switch button (If switch button is on then android app will push SMS to given URL)
- Outgoing No of SMS per minutes: Switch button (If switch button is on then it will check limits of SMS per minutes – Most of the countries have policy on sending number of SMS and minutes). In Pakistan there is policy by PTA not to send more than 200 SMS within 15 minutes. If you break this policy rule then PTA will block your SIM card number.
- Number of SMS: 55 (You may define your number SMS as per number of minutes)
- Number of Minutes: 6 (You may define your number Minutes according to number of SMS)
- Save / Cancel: You may save the changes or cancel the changes.
Before request for sending SMS, you must have to add a user for authentication by pressing floating button.
Add popup form will be appeared to fill required fields.
- Username: You must have to add user name (required).
- Password: You must have to add password (required).
- Enable Switch: You may enable user (It must be enabled user if you are using in URL for authentication)
If you long press down on particular user record then It will show update popup form for update existing your in the list.
- Update: Update existing record.
- Delete: Delete existing record.
URL for sending SMS: your device URL for sending SMS
URL to post SMS: Custom URL of your project where you want to receive SMS.
You must consider following points before start developing code receiving SMS in any programming language.
- Method: GET
- name: phoneNumber- type: String
- name: message- type: String
I have try to explain all points in this post. If do you have any query please comment below so that I may reply you on the time.
You will find SMS related videos in different language on following Link