Tutorial 3 Understanding Maven POM
You can find in this video tutorial. What is POM file in Spring MVC project? * How to run maven clean install? * How to make a war file? * What are the XML root elements and its functionality?
Understanding Maven POM
It stands for Project Object Model (POM) which is maven configuration file containing following elements in it. Let's discuss with short description each element.
- <project> - It is a root element of a POM. shows project elements.
- <modelVersion> with value of "4.0.0" It is child value of
element. Describing the support for Maven 2 and Maven 3 version.
- <groupId> It is a child element of
which is universally unique identifier for a project.
- <artifactId> It is a child element of
which is unique identifier within the .
- <packaging> It is a child element of
which contains the instruction what to do while maven packaging.
- <version> It is a child element of
. It is a version number of current project.
- <name> It is a child element of
. which is a full name of Project.
- <url> It is a child element of
. which is a project’s home page URL.
- <properties> is a child element of
. The various plugins use these project properties.
- <java-version> is a child element of
. The Java version for plugin use
- <org.springframework-version> is a child element of
. The Spring frame work version for plugin use.
- <dependencies> is a child element of
. This element describes all dependencies associated with a project. They are automatically downloaded from repositories for this project.
- <dependency> is a child element of
. It is a element for downloading and installing dependency.