ASP.Net MVC5 - Login using Google - Facebook | SQL Server
In this tutorial you'll learn how to login using google, facebook in asp.net MVC5. You can even login using LinkedIn ni MVC 5.
Login using Google - Facebook | SQL Server
In this video tutorial we are going to create an application in ASP.NET MVC to login through Google and Facebook.
Follow the steps to create app.
Step 1: Create a project in Visual Studio
- Select File Menu > Project
- Select Visual C# and then Web
- Click ASP.NET Web Application
- Write project name and path where to save it.
- Select MVC
- Click on Change Authentication button
- Choose Individual User Accounts
Step 2: Install OWIN Web Interface
- Right click on App > Manage NuGet Packages
- Search in Search Field > as OWIN
- Select Microsoft Owin then update
- Accept terms and conditions
- Run a project then You will see login screen.
Step 3: Setup the Application in Visual Studio 2013
- Select View > Properties Window
- Set the SSL Enabled as "True"
- Copy the SSL URL
- In project app > properties > Web > Project URL (paste in it)
Step 4: Create a google ap at google console
- go to console.developers.google.com
- Create new project
- Go to Credentials
- Select OAuth consent screen tab
- Write product name shown to users.
- Create credentials
- Choose Web application
- Write name
- Set the Authorized redirected URL (Project URL)
- Search in API Google+ and then enable it.
- Add credentials to your project
- Create Client ID and Authorized Redirect URL with /sign-google
Step 5: Setup Client Id and Secret in Application
- In App_Start > Startup.Auth.cs
- Set Client Id and Secret for Google Authentication