ASP.Net MVC5 - Search field - SQL-Server - Visual Studio 201
This tutorial is all about adding search field in asp.net mvc5 application using textbox. Searching in MVC5 is very usable for all kinds of applications', 'This tutorial is all about adding search field in asp.net mvc5 application using textbox. Searching in MVC5 is very usable for all kinds of applications', 'Adding Search in ASP.NET MVC5
Search field - SQL-Server
In this video tutorial, we are going to create new project for a search a record from database.
Following are the steps to create
Step 1: Create a new project
- File Menu > Project > Create a project
- Web > ASP.NET Web Application
- Set the project name and location to save.
Step 2: Add a new model "Authors"
- Right click on models directories
- Add > Class named Authors
- Add three properties in Model AuthorID, AuthorName and BookName
- Build a project.
Step 3: Add a new Controller and View
- Select Controllers directory
- Choose MVC5 Controller with views, using Entity Framework
- name it Authors
Step 4: Update views and Controllers
- Update the view to add text field
- Search authors from DB in controller pass to View
Step 5: Run a project
- Run and Test a project